Classes typically range from 45 min-1 hour, and are held weekly either running continuously from the start of the school year-the end of the school year, or in a fall, winter, and spring session format. Classes are open to boys and girls and typically open to grades PK3-12th grade, (unless otherwise specified), and are grouped when possible accordingly: PK3 & PK4 | K-5th. Classes culminate with an in class end of session parent performance. Classes are typically grouped as below:
Toddler Class- (ages 1.5-2.5) / Preschool Class- (ages 2-4) / Lower School Class- (ages 5-12) / Upper School Class- (ages 13-16)
Class descriptions are listed below. All students are allowed a free trial class before the start of their first class. This is a class parents are welcome to attend as well to see if the class is a good fit for your child. Please contact Message In Motion to find out what classes are being offered at your child’s place of learning!!
- Hip Hop Class: Introduces/expands on hip hop technique including breaking, popping, and locking, freezes, and more. High energy class based on commercial/street style; emphasis on choreography and collaboration and developing style and rhythm. Additional focus on movement vocabulary, strengthening and conditioning, and personal expression.
- Ballet/Tap Combo Class: 20-30 min of ballet technique and 20-30 min of tap technique. Introduction to ballet positions and barre work, across the floor and center, basic tap steps and combinations, rhythm work. Incorporates the use of props, role playing, and imagination to aid in personal expression and creativity. Focus on movement vocabulary, technique, choreography, stretching, and creativity.
- Musical Theatre Class: Introduces aspects of a musical production including voice, acting, and dance skills, (typically musical theatre jazz/broadway style), as well as basic music theory. Learn choreography and staging. Incorporates the use of props, role playing, and imagination to aid in personal expression and creativity.
- Cheerleading Class: Introduces basic cheer technique including motions, jumps, chants and cheers, dance, and foundations for basic stunts and tumbling where age appropriate. Chants and cheers are tailored to your child's school so cheers can be utilized throughout the year as school events. Emphasis on building self-esteem, leadership, teamwork, and overall athleticism. Optional uniform purchase in school colors.
- Circus Arts/Mime Class: Typically seen in circuses or street performances, circus arts and miming is becoming an increasingly popular performance art form. This class introduces mime, pantomime, clowning, and acrobatic technique, as well as performance technique for basic magic tricks and illusions. Students will learn how to demonstrate emotion with one's face and use of body language, and how to tell a story without words. The $20 supplies fee for this class covers the cost of face paint, pantomime hat and gloves, and class props.
- Ballet/Jazz Class: This class is perfect for the dancer looking to spice things up. Emphasis on ballet and jazz dance technique and terminology, choreography, and performance etiquette. Students will dance to upbeat contemporary music as well as Broadway ballads, in addition to trying their hand at self choreography and improvisation.
- Tea & Manners- an etiquette class for ladies & gentlemen: Calling all little ladies and gentlemen! Going beyond “please” and “thank you”, our etiquette, manners, and social grace class will help refine your young prince or princess, teaching them to feel confident in any social situation. We will learn and put into practice table manners and how to set a table, etiquette for proper introductions and making a good first impression, conversational etiquette with elders and peers alike, telephone manners, and manners outside the home. Students will practice their newly learned etiquette in a fun, magical environment where role playing, props, and hands on activities and crafts give way to chivalrous knights and sophisticated young ladies. Class will culminate with a tea party where children can dress up and put into use all they’ve learned.
- Beginner Adult Class: Did you used to dance when you were younger but have gotten out of the groove since those many years ago? Are you looking for a different way to get back in shape? Intimidated to take class at a studio, but would love the opportunity to do something active with a few friends? If you are interested in Message In Motion offering a beginner adult dance class at your child's school or place of worship, in any dance style, please contact us. We will work together with you to create a class that is exactly what you are looking for!
- Dance Ministry: Message In Motion is always looking to connect with trained, experienced dancers living in areas where we hold classes. Additionally if you are a dancer who has a desire to use your gifts to serve and share God's message both locally and internationally through various outreaches including but not limited to churches, inner city outreaches, schools, and foreign missions, please contact us!